Approximately 100 students are admitted annually, split evenly between the M.S. and Ph.D. programs. Admission is competitive and based on the applicant’s academic profile and research potential.
Financial support: PhD students are supported financially throughout the program via fellowships, teaching assistantships, and research assistantships, conditional on good progress. MS students have the opportunity to apply for funding as teaching assistants or research assistants.
What you’ll need to apply.
|Graduate Degree Programs |
- Degrees Offered
- Emphasis Areas
|Requirements for Admission |
- Bachelor's Degree
- Test Scores
|Required Supporting Documents|
- GRE (optional)
- TOEFL or IELTS (International Students Only)
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation
- Financial Statement
|Financial Support and Costs |
- Financial Assistance:
Assistantships, and Teaching Assistantships
- Tuition & Fees
- Application Fee
- Living Expenses
- English Proficiency Testing
- Online Application
- Explanation of features
|After you Apply|
- Evaluation of Application
- Check status of Application
|After you are Accepted
- Official Transcripts
Application Fees Until December 31 Starting January 1 Domestic MS $30 $55 International MS $45 $65 Domestic PhD $0 $0 International PhD $25 $65
Online Application Instructions
Please read instructions carefully before beginning the application process and review the application review before submitting.
Program Information Page
- Program Interest: Select either Computer Science MS or PhD, or Computing MS or PhD
- Area of Interest: Select your top three research areas (Computer Science degrees) or tracks (Computing degree).
Program Concentration Page
- Program: Again, please select Computer Science MS or PhD, or Computing MS or PhD in the pull down box.
- Area of Interset: MS students must select a Thesis/Non-Thesis option in the “area of interest” pulldown box.
- Faculty Members: Select up to three faculty members who you would like to study with. Make sure you peruse their portfolios beforehand so you can choose a professor in your emphasis area.
- GPA – If your GPA is not calculated on a 4.0 scale, please enter the number as stated on your transcript. Our department and the international admissions will calculate the equivalent GPA.
- GRE: GRE scores are optional this year.
- Social Security Number (SSN) – If you don’t have this, please leave field blank.
Getting Additional Information
Our graduate advisors is happy to help you with questions about the application; email email@example.com. For information regarding transcripts, English Proficiency tests scores, and I-20s, please contact the Admissions Office (Domestic students) or the International Admissions Office (International students).
Requirements, costs, and other information are subject to change without notice.