Re: [plt-scheme] Changes/Some Errors w/latest CVS

At Sat, 04 May 2002 04:16:17 -0400, Jeffrey Stephens wrote:
> 2.  Whenever I change language levels a box with the following error
> pops up:
>
> contract-error: blame: /usr/local/plt/collects/drscheme/private/main.ss;
> contract established at: #<syntax> preferences:add-callback; predicate
> #<primitive:boolean?> failed for: #<void>

I've just committed a fix that should take care of that; if you re-run
cvs update (and setup-plt -c), you should be okay. I wasn't able to
reproduce the problem, but I might have had slightly newer sources than
you. If you still have problems, please let me know precisely what you
did that caused the error (ie where did you click just before the error
shows up).

> 3. When I first start DrScheme and while it is loading I get the
> following error:
>
> /usr/local/plt/collects/tests/drscheme/tool.ss:125:24: compile: variable
> not provided (directly or indirectly) from module:
> |,/usr/local/plt/collects/framework/test| at: fw:test:run-interval in:
> test:run-interval7240

This is a known bug in Scheme-file compilation. We're working on it.
This particular error merely indicates that the test suite tool didn't
load properly so it shouldn't affect you (unless you wanted to run the
automatic drscheme test suite)

> Could I have gotten a bad download or a bad compile?  I did have to
> break off compilation a couple of times
> to install the Mesa and ncurses development libraries, and then I just
> restarted "make" from where it left off.

No, I think that your compile was fine.

Robby