[plt-scheme] Changes/Some Errors w/latest CVS

I just downloaded the latest version of PLT Scheme from CVS, version
200alpha18-cvs4may2002
and there seem to be some basic changes and an error or two.  Are these
expected?  I note the following:

1.  (/ 8 6) now produces 1.3 instead of 4/3 as before.  This occurs in
both beginner and full language modes.
     Also, I am surprised that it produces 1.3 without the "i" inexact
prefix and that it doesn't produce more
     digits, e.g. 1.3333333...

2.  Whenever I change language levels a box with the following error
pops up:

contract-error: blame: /usr/local/plt/collects/drscheme/private/main.ss;
contract established at: #<syntax> preferences:add-callback; predicate
#<primitive:boolean?> failed for: #<void>

3. When I first start DrScheme and while it is loading I get the
following error:

/usr/local/plt/collects/tests/drscheme/tool.ss:125:24: compile: variable
not provided (directly or indirectly) from module:
|,/usr/local/plt/collects/framework/test| at: fw:test:run-interval in:
test:run-interval7240

Could I have gotten a bad download or a bad compile?  I did have to
break off compilation a couple of times
to install the Mesa and ncurses development libraries, and then I just
restarted "make" from where it left off.

Regards,
Jeff Stephens

PS - Using Redhat 6.2, gcc 2.95.3 and glibc-2.1.