Re: 199d6 feature creep...

Quoting Noel Welsh:
> I share some of Greg's reservations.  Would it be
> possible to save the configuration in comments,
> preserving the text so you can chew on it with
> Emacs/grep/etc?
>
> E.g
>
>  ;; (drscheme:collapse foo)
>  (define (foo x y)
>    (+ x y))

A long time ago, we decided to have a special binary format for such
files, rather than trying to do something like you describe. Now, our
infrastructure is built around that way of doing things. Hopefully
"save as text" will be sufficient for those times you want to use Emacs
or those other text-processing tools.

Quoting Greg Pettyjohn:
> Hmm... Perhaps the solution is to distinguise between project data,
> i.e. the Scheme code, and meta data, i.e. how it should be displayed.

As you point out, this would be quite the feature creep! It does sound
like a nice idea and I'm sure that we would welcome such an addition to
mred's editor<%> classes, were someone to implement it. :)

Quoting Eli Barzilay:
> One more thing that made it easier to work with an external editor was
> to make the Execute button check if the file was changed on disk and
> reload it in that case.

The execute button does this in the exp-tagged source tree.

Robby