Re: mzcom as an inproc dll

Quoting PJ Durai:
> Is there a particular reason why MzCom is implementedas an outof proc EXE
> (not an inproc dll?)

I think I know the answer... If I'm wrong, Paul will have to correct me
when he gets back.

The reason was to allow multiple instances of the component in an
application (e.g., multiple uses of MzCOM in a VB program).

Multiple instances of the component in a single application means that
there's one copy of the code, and multiple threads using it. MzScheme
uses too many static variables to be able to be able to support
multiple instances.

Matthew