mzcom as an inproc dll

Hi people,

Is there a particular reason why MzCom is implementedas an outof proc EXE
(not an inproc dll?)

I was going to try to build it as a DLL. But I thought it would be prudent
to check with experts first.

(I need to pass some schemeobjects created in my program to mzcom, someof
which contain C++ object pointers living in the calling process space.)

I can ofcourse go ahead and embed mzscheme the old fashioned way (as
described in Inside..). Thats what I would do if getting MzCom as an inproc
dll proves too difficult or impossible.

appreciate your time.

cheers
pj