Re: mzcom as an inproc dll

PJ Durai wrote:
> Is there a particular reason why MzCom is implementedas an outof proc EXE
> (not an inproc dll?)

Haven't looked at the mzscheme sources lately, but the problem with
corman lisp were
run-time fixed memory areas to ease the garbage collecting.
it worked in smaller apps but with larger apps the lisp heaps were
already used by
the main process.
see STACKBOTTOM and DATASTART in gc/README and config.h
it looks fine to me, but you know the details...

my nt cvs stopped with some weird directory names so I have no current
mzcom sources.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/autocad/news/faq/autolisp.html