Re: scsh in PLT Scheme?

Pat Ekman <pat@ekman.cx> wrote:
> I vote for option #2.  ODBC is fine for Windows platforms, but in my
> experience it's too much trouble on Unix.

"unixodbc" seems to be a pain to build because it has delusions of grandeur.
I've also had problems with it failing to use TCP for loopback connections
when required.  There are other ODBC libraries available, though.

> Anyway, I would be happy to contribute that code, change it to conform
> to a standard interface and even write drivers for other databases.

Are you aware of Oleg's DB interface?  I'm growing to like that as a
low-level spec.
--
MJR