Re: scsh in PLT Scheme?

Quoth Brent A. Fulgham on Sunday, March 31, 2002:
> ODBC would be one option.  Another would be to create a Scheme
> 'standard' similar to Perl's DBI, or Java's JDBC that would make our
> software platform-agnostic.

I vote for option #2.  ODBC is fine for Windows platforms, but in my
experience it's too much trouble on Unix.  I've spent way too much time
and achieved far too little to want to use ODBC for database
connectivity.  My last ODBC on Unix confrontation resulted in me writing
a set of PostgreSQL access functions for PLT scheme.  I never did manage
to get ODBC to work right.

Anyway, I would be happy to contribute that code, change it to conform
to a standard interface and even write drivers for other databases.
Just don't make me use ODBC.

--
Pat Ekman