Re: scsh in PLT Scheme?

"Paul Steckler" <steck@ccs.neu.edu> writes:
>  - do you currently use scsh?
>  - what features of scsh do you use?

I haven't used scsh much, but I have had a need for some Unixish
features that aren't currently in PLT Scheme.

The most important thing for me would probably be a complete socket
interface: just in the past few months, I've had a need for socket
options (e.g., SO_REUSEADDR), UDP sockets, and Unix domain sockets
(and select(2), but I hear that it exists in v200).

Some other things I remember having wanted are link(2) (mostly for
creating simple lockfiles), symlink(2), stat(2) and lstat(2). Nowadays
it would probably be easy to use the new FFI for these, so they aren't
perhaps as important...

--
-=- Rjs -=- Riku.Saikkonen@hut.fi
"I'm more than sympathetic to [source code availability]; I consider