Re: scsh in PLT Scheme?

"Paul Steckler" <steck@ccs.neu.edu> writes:
> Here's what would be missing:
>
>  - low-level socket stuff (Ch. 4)
>  - Scheme 48 threads, Unix signals  (Ch. 9)
>  - system log stuff (Ch. 10)

Unfortunately this is *primarily* the stuff for which I go to
scsh. Having the rest of the scsh interfaces you mention (particulary
process-forms and the extremely well thought out file-system and I/O
primitives) would be very nice. I use them so much that I have been
slowly writing them for all the various targets (everything from
Chicken to Stalin) I support with S2.

> MzScheme already has its own thread system, and makes sockets available
> as Scheme ports via a high-level API.

If you have select I'll be happy, although the select interface has
become deprecated in scsh these days, too.

david rush
--
I repeat myself when under stress. I repeat myself when under
stress. I repeat myself when under stress. I repeat myself when