nodeos

On Thursday 18 October 2001 19:11, you wrote:

> You'll need to add the janosvm/libraries/kitlib/JanosVMKit.jar to the bmod
> for this to work.

 I did, and it passed most of the tests till the FaxTest that crashed it...
Most of the failed tests caused errormessages like 'run out of memory'
or 'Team has no view on this class'...

> > What are the next steps to ron my own ANTS app ??
>
>  - Include the jnodeos/ants jar files in the bmod.

Jnodeos still built with the -moab option ??

>  - Create config files for the VM and include them in the bmod.
>    The VM needs to know which classes to share so you have to create
>    config files like:
>
>     <jnodeos.config>
>
>       %begin namespace-resource
> 	%begin classgroup jnodeos
> 	  edu/utah/janos/nodeos/Address
> 	  ... And the rest of the .class files in the jnodeos jar ...
> 	%end
>       %end
>
>     <ants.config>
>
>       %include "<the jnodeos.config>"
>       %include "<the janosvm-root.config>"
>       %include "<the janosvm-fake.config>"
>
>       %begin namespace-resource
>         %begin classgroup antsr
> 	  ants/core/ANEPDemultiplexKey
> 	  ... And the rest of the .class files in the ants jar ...
>         %end
>       %end

Hmmmm the config thing seems a bit complex...
Are there any example config files lying aroud the source code ??  :)

>  - Maybe play around with some of the jnodeos apps, just start them up
>    like you would normally except include the `-config <config file>' and
>    `-jsiprovider' options.

OK

>  - Make a config file for ANTS that uses raw ethernet protocols and
>    addresses and runs your stuff

?? I'll try... :)

> An application written for the jnodeos can open in/out channels on
> separate NICs, but ANTS can only send/receive on one.  Since ANTS was
> always run on another os it used UDP and didn't really have a need to open
> more than one...

Hmmm... I thought ANTS had routing functionality...
This means that it is not able to do any forwarding. (which is what I needed
to measure)
hmmmm....

How difficult is it to tun my ANTS app into a Jnodeos app ???
(so that I can measure something like pkts/s with some computations being
done on each packet ??)

cheers