Re: Re[2]: Starting ANTS apps over Linux on different PCs

> Hi,
>
> Like what Adotl is trying to do, I am too trying to set up a small active
> network but without any progress.
>
> I need to have such environment set up so that I can try out some
> implementations.
>
> I intend to set it up with 3-5 Linux boxes which I have access to.
> What is the best way to go about doing it?

Try something easy, like editing ping.config in ants/scripts to work on
different machines.  Just change the host names and port numbers, rerun
makeroutes (or edit ping.routes manually), and the run a node on each
machine.

> Should I install Anetd then run ANTS on top of it
> or I can just run some permanent nodes using ANTS?

You can, but the standard way should work as well.

> Has anyone actually set up a small active network with a few PCs within the
> a LAN?

yes

> Joe.

tim stack