Re: Re[4]: Starting ANTS apps over Linux on different PCs

> TS> If you want to start an application while a node is running, well, thats a
> TS> bit harder.  You need to edit PrimordialNode.java and uncomment
> TS> `startConsole(node, consolePort)'.  Then start the node with the
> TS> `-consoleport' argument which is a port number.  You can then telnet into
> TS> that port and type `app <class name>' to start it up.  Although, we
> TS> haven't done this in a while so it might not work.
> Yes. This is what I want to do. It seems as if I do this way, rather
> than running application in telnet into 21 port, I must use another
> client to run it. Although this method is a little hard, I will have a
> try.

Just add `-consoleport 5000', or whatever port number, and then `telnet
localhost 5000' and type `help'.

> In addition, can I edit Node.java, use Node.threadStart to start a thread
> which can get the class and startup it in its flow.

no, a flow is started automatically for each application and
protocol.  Allowing threadStart to create flows would be a bad thing.

>  avivi

tim stack