In serious trouble with janos build

Hi,
  I'm the guy trying to build a Linux/oskit/moab/janosvm/jnodeos
system on an Intel box.  I have oskit/moab apparently building
and working.  However, I am stuck on the janosvm/jnodeos part.

out that the jnodeos actually needs to be built before the
janosvm.  I have tried that and it seems to build OK.  However,
when trying to build the janosvm, I still get errors.

My latest attempt at compiling the janosvm included the
following commands, from the root of the janosvm directory:

  ./configure
  make all
  make install
  make check

  make distclean
  cd config/i386/nodeos
  export
JNODEOS_CLASSES_ZIP=/home/jnodeos/classes-pj-debug/jnodeos-pj-debug.zip
  export JANOSVM_CLASSES_ZIP=/home/janosvm/libraries/jvmlib/JanosVM.jar
  ./nodeos-configure --srcdir=/home/janosvm --oskitdir=/usr/local \
  --localkaffeh=/usr/local/bin/kaffeh --nodeosdir=/usr/local --nodeosunix

  make

FYI:  /home/oskit is the root directory for the oskit
      /home/nodeos is the root directory for moab
      /home/janosvm is the root directory for the janos vm
      /home/jnodeos is the root directory for the jnodeos

My latest error, as a result of the final 'make' above is:

kaffeh-ing edu.utah.janos.nodeos.moab_Flow...
Failed to open object 'edu/utah/janos/nodeos/moab_Flow'

I suspect this is the because the wrong .jar / .zip file is
being used, but I can't figure out what to do about it.

FYI the FULL list of commands executed follows.  If anyone
can shed any light, I would be most appreciative.

Pete Lutz

JOURNAL
Be sure java 2 is installed.
I used jdk1.3.1

All commands are executed from the root of the source directory,
unless otherwise specified.

OSKIT - install source tree then apply patch on Janos Software page.
  ./configure

  --NOTE: to fix errors introduced by the patch:
  -- 1. in examples/x86/smp/GNUmakerules, add -loskit_kern -loskit_c
  --    to end of last line of the smp: target
  -- 2. in examples/dyntest/GNUmakerules, add -loskit_kern -loskit_c
  --    to end of line for dyntest: target
  -- 3. in examples/x86GNUmakerules, add -loskit_kern -loskit_c
  --    to end of line for ALL targets.
  make
  make install

NODEOS (moab) - install source tree
  ./configure --with-oskit=/usr/local --host=i386-oskitunix
    --NOTE: /usr/local is where the oskit is installed, by
    --default.  It is actually installed in /usr/local/bin,
    --/usr/local/lib, and other sundry directories.
  make
  make install

JANOS NodeOS
NOTE: This lies ABOVE the VM, but must be build first, since some of
its library files are used in the JANOSVM

  ./configure
  ./build

JANOSVM
  --FIRST: install kaffe on your Linux box (native)
  ./configure
  make all
  make install
  make check

  --THEN: install the janosvm to run on top of moab
  make distclean
  cd config/i386/nodeos
  export
JNODEOS_CLASSES_ZIP=/home/jnodeos/classes-pj-debug/jnodeos-pj-debug.zip
  export JANOSVM_CLASSES_ZIP=/home/janosvm/libraries/jvmlib/JanosVM.jar
  ./nodeos-configure --srcdir=/home/janosvm --oskitdir=/usr/local \
  --localkaffeh=/usr/local/bin/kaffeh --nodeosdir=/usr/local --nodeosunix

  make
Peter H. Lutz, Ph.D.
Professor of Information Technology
Coordinator of Networking and System Administration
Department of Information Technology
Rochester Institute of Technology
102 Lomb Memorial Drive - Bldg. 70
Rochester, NY  14623              RRRR   III  TTTTT
                                  R   R   I     T
VOICE: 716 475-6162               RRRR    I     T
FAX:   716 475-2181               R  R    I     T
EMAIL: phl@it.rit.edu             R   R  III    T