Re: Wierd Problem

Craig Milo Rogers wrote:
> 	It went away when I put a copy of all the .class files on the
> ABone node.  This suggests that pj_Node is being loaded by a special
> classloader, not via the one that anetd provides (that knows to read
> class files from a Web server".

That seems wrong.  Only the apps/protocols should be loaded off the
local abone node, and the "system" classes should fault to the parent
of the jnodeos (the anetd loader).

> The problem is, I haven't figured out the code paths that could make
> it so.

You can get a trace of the class loading by passing
-Djanos.debugFlags=NODEOS_CLASSLOAD on the jvm command line.  IIRC,
that's awful hard with anetd, in which case calling
edu.utah.janos.nodeos.Trace.setFlags("NODEOS_CLASSLOAD") is
equivalent.  A huge, verbose trace of what classes are being loaded
from where by 'FlowClassLoader' will be emitted on stdout.

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann@cs.utah.edu
  "You can't have everything.  Where would you put it?" -- S. Wright