Re: ANTS Console Commented Out

Craig Milo Rogers wrote:
> 	Is there a particular reason (such as, say, security) why the
> call to startConsole() is commented out in ANTS-2.0.0
> PrimordialNode.java?  Is there any reason why I shouldn't enable it to
> better monitor the health of the ABone ANTS-2.0 topology?

We commented it out because the Console doesn't use the JNodeOS APIs,
it just uses Java sockets directly.  Its one of our TODO items to
finish porting the ANTS console over to the NodeOS channel APIs.

It is commented out for the security concerns also as the commands
supported include shutdown of the node and starting new apps.  The
console should work, though, so feel free to re-enable it for
debugging purposes.

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann@cs.utah.edu
		     "Forty-Two." -- Deep Thought