Re: ANTS: Mysterious Error on d02.csl.sri.com

Craig Milo Rogers wrote:
> 	I'm getting the following error on d02.csl.sri.com when I
> attempt to attach to it with ANTS DANTE.  The other 5 nodex od my ANTS
> topology run OK.  Any suggestions, please?  Thanks.

Looks like the NodeOS buffer handle code is getting confused with
(most likely) recycled buffers.  Does the node in question have
greater connectivity to the network than the other 5 nodes?

You might try the following work-around, which will impact performance
(heh), but should avoid the problem.  In the ANTS code, in
CapsuleChannel.java (around line 131) and in UnknownPacketHandler.java
(around line 115) change the line that recycles the buffer with
'inChannel.addBuffer(buf)' to create a new buffer instead, like this:
'inChannel.addBuffer(BufferHandle.create())'.

We recently cleaned up the internal buffer managment of the start and
length offsets for buffers.  Hopefully that will fix the problem
appropriately in the next release of the JNodeOS.

> pj_ANEPStreamLayer.Java:106: require failed: bh.getByteArray().length == bh.getLength()
> java.lang.Throwable
>         at edu.utah.janos.nodeos.Debug.printStackTrace(Debug.java:143)
>         at edu.utah.janos.nodeos.Assert.assertFailure(Assert.java:41)
>         at edu.utah.janos.nodeos.Assert.requireCheck(Assert.java:78)
>         at edu.utah.janos.nodeos.pj_ANEPStreamLayer$StreamReader.readANEPPacketInto(pj_ANEPStreamLayer.java:106)
>         at edu.utah.janos.nodeos.pj_ANEPStreamLayer$StreamReader.run(pj_ANEPStreamLayer.java:135)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)
> Debug.exit() invoked.

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann@cs.utah.edu
    That which does not kill you merely postpones the inevitable.