Re: Strong Typing, Dynamic Languages, What to do?

Shriram Krishnamurthi <sk@cs.brown.edu> writes:

> Oscar, you are clearly a troll.

Shriram, if you were calling me ignorant I would take your word and
inmediately ask for some material to cure my ignorance. But you call
me troll, and I'm not a troll.

> I wish you luck finding some other Schemer's time to waste.

So far, *I* wasted my time trying to answer your challenge about
GC. Reading from your replies it is quite clear that you somehow
thougth this is your classroom and we are your schoolboys. Seems that
this time there is no explained correction from the teacher, we must
content with your authoritative actitude.

I would recommend to you doing a real world project in assembler and
don't stop until it is at least four times faster than the optimized C
equivalent (read "optimized by a good C programmer"). It is a
_extremely_ revealing experience about how real world things works.

And, BTW, if anyone knows about that mythical GC I would be grateful
if you tell me where I can learn about it <g>

<back to the real world. unsubscribed>

--
Oscar