bitmap error using 200alpha9 on Solaris

I get the following internal error, using DrScheme 200alpha9, whenever the
cursor is placed directly after an unbalanced parenthesis.

eg
(car \'(1 2)))
            ^

Will cause:

set-stipple in pen%: bitmap is not monochrome: #<struct:bitmap%>

I am also getting the following warning at start-up,

MrEd Warning: Cannot allocate color, using approximate match.
(Future allocations may be approximate without report.)

I\'m using Solaris. This is probably a set-up problem on my part, but I\'d be
interested to here any ideas about a solution.

Thanks,
David Van Horn
dvanhorn at cs dot uvm dot edu