Re: Is it a bug in arithmetic operation, in printf ???

Hi,

this feature is DrScheme-specific. When I'm running MzScheme as
subprocess of Emacs, I get the correct result:

(define (test a)
  (printf "~%~s" a))
(test (/ (+ 5 -10) 10))
(test (/ (+ 8 -10) 10))
(version)
(system-type #t)

=>

-1/2>
-1/5> "200alpha12"
> "Windows 9x 4.10 (Build 2222)  A "

By the way: does anybody run MzScheme in Emacs and knows how to get
rid of the additional prompt that appears on each
top-level-definition?
For example, with 20 top-level-definitions and evaluating the symbols
'somehow and 'ugly, what I get is:

> ugly

Maybe some fine-tuning of cmuscheme- or comint-mode is necessary to
make this
> more
> beautiful

?

Still another question: Is there eventually some possibility to
undefine all symbols? If there was, I would not have to kill and
restart MzScheme to try out if my program really works. Sometimes it
works only because of old definitions that remain in MzScheme but are
not part of the editing-buffer anymore. How does DrScheme handle this?

Sebastian