Re: "indexed" COM properties in MysterX?

Paul Steckler schrieb:
> > So, does MysterX have some other way of accessing properties that take
> > parameters?  I tried adding a function to mysterxe.ss modeled after
> > that module's com-get-property function, but I think I run into the same
> > issue with the underlying primitive function, and I don't have the source to
> > that (is the source available?)
>
> I don't believe I added the ability to use indexed properties in
> MysterX.  I hadn't encountered them, and no one had asked for them
> (until now) :-)

I believe you are wrong here. You just want a macro to chain the com calls.

(display (com-get-chained flds "Item" "Name"))
=> (display (com-get-property (com-get-property flds "Item") "Name"))

Another minor problem with this macro will be if one of the args is a method
and not a property. In COM it is legal and quite common to mix them up.
Certain apps use properties and other apps use methods for the same name,
if I remember that correctly. In COM INVOKE or PROPERTYGET is often logior'ed.

I also forgot which is the default COM property. Isn't it the name?

--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/