RE: Simple gl-canvas% prototype

> Are you planning on releasing this soon?

If you'd like I could send you a copy. Hmm... Matthew was asking me if
I wanted to roll it into the PLT stuff. I suppose I could get this going
by the end of the weekend or so.

> It sounds to me like it
> would be useful as is-- a custom C or C++ object (probably linked in
> using SWIG) could do the rendering using OpenGL primitives, while the
> gl-canvas geometry and the rest of the GUI were done in Scheme.

Yes, I'm fairly certain that would work.

>  So
> the lack of a complete set of OpenGL functions exposed to Scheme would
> not be a problem.  (I tried this under Python once and it worked quite
> well.)

I was going to wait until I had some OpenGL primitives, but if there's a use
for it
as is...

> Does it work on all of the DrScheme platforms?

Probably just windows, but I intend to look at some of the GLUT code and see
if I can make it multiplatform.