Re: Swindle question & bug report

John Hall wrote to me directly, but I'm taking the liberty of writing
to the entire list in response:

> What's the best way to learn the MzScheme object system. I found it
> rather confusing when I looked at it a while back.

Until we provide more user-friendly documentation, here's your best
bet.

If you are familiar with Java's OO system, look for similarities.
Ignore for the moment the fact that classes and interfaces are really
first-class values and (the big one) that there are no type
signatures.  You can still map (single-inheritance) classes to classes
and (multiple-inheritance) interfaces to interfaces.  Methods are just
fields whose values are closures (lambda).  Thus you can get started.

If you want to understand where this system derives its power, try to
work through the Findler and Flatt paper on the PLT Publications
page.  It's a bit tricky, but worth the effort.

Perhaps others have more helpful suggestions?

Shriram