Re: Graduate Project Guidance request

> All:
>
> 	This lowly grad student is approaching the end, and am looking to put
> together a project proposal.  I am drilling into putting together a DNS
> Caching protocol running in an Active Nets environment which goes out,
> populates the net, then sniffs for it's own capsules.

Not to discourage you, but this seems like a duplication of stuff that dns
already does...

> Is there a way to
> write an Active App in ANTS which will capture DNS packets and selectively
> forward them?  If so, how?

Theres no direct support for such a thing in ANTS, sorry.  However, I
imagine theres quite a bit of code laying around for doing such things,
its just a matter of putting it all together and into ants.

> As ever,
>
> George Tennant

tim stack