App Development help request

All:

We're trying to develop apps at RIT, and being pretty new to it, is occurs
that some pieces of what we're trying to do must be near boilerplate in
others' apps.  Aside from the sample code in the apps in the distribution,
of Janos in particular, but even more generally, are there any
repositories of sample code of which anyone knows?

Gratefully,

George Tennant