Re: testing

> From: adotl <adotl@lion.cc>
> To: Timothy Stack <stack@cs.utah.edu>
> Subject: Re: testing
> Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 13:06:45 +0200

> Unfortunately the patch didn't solve the problem...
>
> I re-built MOab and that rebuilt the janosVM, but I still get the same error
> :(

Sorry, I haven't been following this as closely as I should have.  Does
the panic happen when Janos VM is coming up?  When it is shutting down?
Or just when you are trying to run some code?

Do you build OSKit/moab with --enable-debug?  If not, that may help
diagnose this.

Here's a hack.  Change the assert to:

	assert(dkey->chan == 0 || dkey->chan == chan);

and see if it still fails.  If it doesn't, then things will probably be ok
and you are off and running again.  However, if it does still fail
(i.e., dkey->chan == some incorrect non-zero value), then there really is
something screwy we need to look at.

The problem is that Moab has changed quite a lot since the last release
and we've fixed a lot of bugs, so I can't tell immediately if this is
something that has been fixed.  We should make a new Moab release, but
that will require a new OSKit release as well, and we have a lot of cleanup
to do before that happens.

To attack this on a parallel front, can you send me the configure lines
you use for configuring OSKit/Moab/Janos?  I will try to reproduce your
problem here.