Re: Some Doubts

> Hello,
>
> I'm a student in São Carlos - Brazil at University of São Paulo. I'm
> studding to get a master degree and working with active networks,
> specially ANTS2.0. I read, probably, all articles of ANTS, but I still
> have some doubts. Excuse-me if many of then is basic.
>
> 1 - ANTS2.0 is one technology that involve all network's layers except
> fiscal layer. Is it correct ?

fiscal?  Afraid, I don't understand what you mean...  Otherwise, yeah, it

> 2 - Where is the capsule's code is inserted ?

Capsule code is transferred out of band from node to node.  Each capsule
simply has a unique identifier which indicates which code should be used
to handle the capsule.

> IP packet or UDP datagram?

In theory, it could on just about any lower layer protocol, but in
practice, its UDP datagrams.

> In what field that is inserted, Payload ?

yes

> 3 - What is different in ANTS using JANOS technology ?

Theres more separation between individual ANTS protocols and its possible
to have resource controls to prevent protocols from abusing the system.

> 4 - What is necessary to achieve a transmission from a active node to
> other ?

Typically, you would start up ANTS on a bunch of hosts with configuration
files telling them about each other.  Then, you start up ANTS with an
application that sends out a capsule.

> What's necessary to configure ?

There are a number of example configurations in ants/scripts that should
get you started.

> Is it necessary to use "makeroutes" or Configuration Manager?

The makeroutes command will create a `.routes' file which will fill up the
node's routing table.

The ConfigurationManager is a class that executes the commands in a
`.config' file.

> 5 - What's necessary to change in ping application to achieve this
> between two machines connected with Ethernet 100 ?

Change the addressSpecs in the `.config' file to reflect your machine
names (see the nodeos spec to learn more about address specs), rerun
`makeroutes' over the config file, or just edit the `.routes' file
manually.  Then start the nodes on the machines...

So, the config file should look something like this:

  nchannel 18.31.12.1 if/ipv4/udp *:8000:foo:*

  nchannel 18.31.12.2 if/ipv4/udp *:8000:bar:*

> 6 - How can I use dynamic routes in active application ?

Applications shouldn't have to deal with dynamic routes, you just send the
packet to the desired destination, and ANTS should take care of routing it
to the appropriate place.

> 7 - What's necessary to configure to pass capsules in conventional
> routers ? Is it transparent?

yes

tim stack