Help compiling the Janos VM

I am working on getting oskit/moab/janosvm/jnodeos working
on top of Linux.  I am a little stuck, and could use some
guidance.

The README in the janosvm source tree root says that to
do this (under Building JanosVM for the Utah NodeOS)
that two environment variables need to be set.  One of
these is:
	JNODEOS_CLASSSES_ZIP
which it asserts is usually called jnodeos-moab-debug.jar.

Q1: Why do I need a jnodeos file BEFORE building the janosvm.
I thought the dependency was the other way around.

Q2: Where is this file?  I build moab, but cannot find such
a file on my system.  I tried building the jnodeos BEFORE
the janosVM, just in case I had it backward, but still no luck.

Thanks ... Pete Lutz

SUMMARY OF WHAT I HAVE DONE SO FAR ...
Made sure java 2 is installed.  The JNodeOS seems to want it.
I used jdk1.3.1

All commands are executed from the root of the source directory,
unless otherwise specified.

OSKIT - install source tree then apply patch on Janos Software page.
  ./configure

  --NOTE: to fix errors introduced by the patch:
  -- 1. in examples/x86/smp/GNUmakerules, add -loskit_kern -loskit_c
  --    to end of last line of the smp: target
  -- 2. in examples/dyntest/GNUmakerules, add -loskit_kern -loskit_c
  --    to end of line for dyntest: target
  -- 3. in examples/x86GNUmakerules, add -loskit_kern -loskit_c
  --    to end of line for ALL targets.
  make
  make install

NODEOS (moab) - install source tree
  ./configure --with-oskit=/usr/local --host=i386-oskitunix
    --NOTE: /usr/local is where the oskit is installed, by
    --default.  It is actually installed in /usr/local/bin,
    --/usr/local/lib, and other sundry directories.
  make
  make install

JANOSVM
  --FIRST: install kaffe on your Linux box (native)
  ./configure
  make all
  make install
  make check

  --THEN: install the janosvm to run on top of moab
  make distclean
  cd config/i386/nodeos

===== This is where I am Stuck =====
  export JNOSDEOS_CLASSES_ZIP=
  export JANOSVM_CLASSES_ZIP=libraries/jvmlib/JanosVM.jar
  ./nodeos-configure --srcdir=/home/janosvm --oskitdir=/usr/local \
    --localkaffeh=/usr/local/bin/kaffeh --nodeosdir=/usr/local --nodeosunix
  make
  make install

Peter H. Lutz, Ph.D.
Professor of Information Technology
Coordinator of Networking and System Administration
Department of Information Technology
Rochester Institute of Technology
102 Lomb Memorial Drive - Bldg. 70
Rochester, NY  14623              RRRR   III  TTTTT
                                  R   R   I     T
VOICE: 716 475-6162               RRRR    I     T
FAX:   716 475-2181               R  R    I     T
EMAIL: phl@it.rit.edu             R   R  III    T