Re: Janosvm on Moab/OSKit

> I am trying to install the janosVM on top of MOAB.
> Currently, I have MOAB compiled to run under Linux,
> not on the oskit and a bare machine.  I have the
> JanosVM v. 0.5.1, the OSKit marked 20010214 and MOAB
> marked 20010214.
>
> 1. As per the README file, what patches are needed?

The patches primarily concern the oskit, and they should be on the web
page.  http://www.cs.utah.edu/flux/janos/software.html

> 2. Can this be done, or do I need to run on the OS kit
> on a bare machine??  I can if need be.  What are the
> implications of this decision?

I don't believe we've ever run it without the oskit, so you'd be exploring
a bit of new ground, it shouldn't pose any real problems
though.  The main differences have to do with how you can interact with
the network, udp vs. raw ethernet, and the oskit provides real cpu/network
resource controls.

> 3. It looks like if I specify --nodeosunix I will get
> the VM on MOAB on Linux.  If I specify this, do I need
> to specify the --oskit option?

... I don't think so...

If you haven't already, I would suggest getting all the components working
separately before trying to put them all together.  It will give you some
real experience with this stuff and you might find that one or two
components will get you pretty far.

> Pete

tim stack