Re: Problems with graphical interface using ANTS 2.0 (fwd)

> Subject: Problems with graphical interface using ANTS 2.0
>
> Hi
>
> We have a problem concerning with the new version of ANTS.
> We have developed an application with ANTS that worked fine
> on the 1.3 version. But when we try to execute it using the 2.0
> version we have some problems.
>
> We think that the problem comes from the fact that we have
> a simple graphic interface that uses "awt".

Yes, direct awt support was dropped in the transition.

> We can compile the application but when we try to execute it
> the following error messages appear:

> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/awt/event/ActionListener
>
> How can we solve this problem?

The problem is that the classloader is, rightly, denying access to the
package.  I'm not sure if this will actually work, but if you add
something like the following to ants/core/AppBooster.java it should tell
the class loader to allow access:

  flow.addSystemPackage("java.awt");
  flow.addSystemPackage("java.awt.event");
  flow.addSystemPackage("java.awt.<other subpackages>");

> We will be very pleased if somebody can help us.
>
> Yours sincerely
>

> B. Curto & A. Moreno

hope that helps...

tim stack