Re: About ANTS

Ki-Hwan Kim wrote:
> Hi, My name is Ki-Hwan.
> I want to use ANTS for video cache router.  When I
> tried to install ANTS, I knew that other software was
> required.(OSKit, Janos VM, Mob,...)

You can use ANTS without all that other stuff.  (It just needs the
"Janos Java NodeOS", but class files for that are shipped with it.)

> I installed OSKit but I couldn't boot my system. I
> sent e-mail to OSKit mailling list but I couldn't get
> adquete answer.

I think that's because your email to the OSKit list didn't contain
enough information.  What was the kernel you were building?  More
specifically, how big was it?  One of the responses to your mail
indicated that LILO can only boot kernels less than 640K....
If I recall correctly, the suggestion was to use the GRUB bootloader
instead of LILO.

> 1. Do I need to install OSKit software for using video
> cache router?

If you don't mind running ANTS on FreeBSD or Linux, then you don't
need the OSKit (or Moab, or the JanosVM).  You don't get strong
separation of flows, nor any resource control.  But it should be good
enough for building what you're interested in, and not worrying about
the OSKit

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann@cs.utah.edu
    That which does not kill you merely postpones the inevitable.