Re: About createnetwork

avivi wrote:
> I just copy the scripts created in one machine to the same path of
> the other machine. Is it ok?

That should work fine.

> When I use 'startnetwork' to start network, the Xterm displays error.
> a1,a2,r returns the same error. It is
>
> startlocalnode line 24:2498 Segmentation fault. $JVM
> -Djanos.defugFlags=NoNE $ANTSR $ACTIVEADDR $HOSTPORT $@

Looks like the JVM is seg faulting.  You should try running the
command it runs manually to see what's going wrong.  Perhaps Kaffe
cannot find its default classes?

> When I change the JANOSVM to jdk1.3.0_01, the Xterm displays some
> errors that show some java classes cannt be found.

Which classes?  Are the java.* classes or edu.utah.* classes?  Are you
using createnetwork to run ANTS applications or something else?

> In addition, are the items of portMap in the script createnetwork.py
> corresponding to the account on the machine? Why is the user mapped
> to so much port?

Yeah, that's a hack that should allow multiple users to use the same
createnetwork script and create networks that don't map to the same
UDP ports.  I don't think the 'foo2' and 'foo3' versions do anything
(I think the plan was that one user could have multiple topologies on
the same node...)

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann@cs.utah.edu
	  This signature witticism intentionally left blank.