Re: Access Control Problem: Status

>This sounds plausible.  However, we use JDK 1.2.2 on FreeBSD 3.x here
>for lots of our development and testing, so I would have thought that
>we'd see this problem.  Here's the output of 'java -version':
>	% java -version
>	java version "1.2.2"
>	Classic VM (build Linux_JDK_1.2.2_RC4, green threads, sunwjit)
>
>(Its running under Linux emulation on FreeBSD.)  Is your version
>different in any respect?

	I've ben doing most development on bro.isi.edu, because it's
the Web server.

70% uname -a
FreeBSD bro.isi.edu 3.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE #0: Thu Jul  1 15:57:51 PDT 1999     graham@arm.isi.edu:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC_BPF  i386
71%

	Pretty old, neh?  So old, in fact, that jikes refuses to compile on
it!

expr.cpp: In method `class LiteralValue * Semantic::CastPrimitiveValue(class TypeSymbol *, class AstExpression *)':
expr.cpp:5195: ambiguity between conversion to `LongInt' and constructor
*** Error code 1

116% g++ --version
2.7.2.1
117%