Re: ConfigFile class

>    I'm trying to run the simple ping application on new Javos
>    release. I've compiled the software and passed the testsuite too
>    but when I'm going to run ping I found a call to a new
>    Flow.lookupConfig from PingArgs. How do it works?

Oops.  This method is implemented in terms of
edu.utah.janosvm.sys.ConfigFile, in the JanosVM emulation library.
The current implementation in the emulation library does nothing at
all.  The "real" implementation (in the non-emulated JanosVM) looks up
configuration strings in a config file specified when the JanosVM
starts up.  Think of it as a somewhat lame version of the Windows
registry.

>    The source for ConfigFile class is not included within the
>    distribution so I had looked for at the Janos Web site but I
>    can't found it.

I've been meaning to put the emulation library code up on the website,
but haven't gotten around to it.  Needs a bit of work before it goes
out in public.  The particular functions you're interested in,
however, are just empty stubs.

>    Can somebody help me?

I hope this helps!  Your best best is to probably just edit
PingArgs.Java to hard-code some default values and override those with
command line arguments if you need to.

I forgot to test the various apps and benchmarks we shipped with the
Java NodeOS (I only ran the regression tests).  We'll remedy this by
the next release, I hope.

Please let us know if you have further questions.  We promise to
respond more quickly next time.

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann@cs.utah.edu
    Not many people realize just how well known I am -- Anonymous