Re: ANN: Janos Java Libraries v1.1.0

Steve Schwab wrote:
> Is the ANTS v2.0 prerelease using the same Janos NodeOS bindings as
> in the v.1.1.0?

Yep, the ANTSv2.0 prerelease includes a zip file "jnodeos.zip" that
contains the Janos Java NodeOS from today's snapshot.

> Should we plan on merging up from ANTSR/Janos NodeOS bindings
> (janos-20000503) to this version before cutting over to ANTS v2.0?

Depends on where your changes are.  If most of your changes are in the
Java NodeOS (vs. ANTSR), then I think today's snapshot would be a good
migration step.  Currently ANTS 2.0 simply runs on the Java NodeOS
snapshot released today.  That should still be true when we release
ANTS 2.0 (all the changes should be entirely within ANTS).

If more of your changes are in the ANTSR end of things, you might just
wait for ANTS v2.0.

> Our status is that we almost have ANTSR/Janos NodeOS bindings
> running with AMP JNI native implementations of the NodeOS
> bindings...

Cool.  Even if you decide to hold off on using this snapshot, I think
you guys should look at the split of "pure java" and "moab"
implementations in the NodeOS.  Ideally, you'll be able to add an
"amp" back-end without too much difficulty.  If that isn't possible,
I'd like to know what we can do make it work.

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann@cs.utah.edu
 Thisemailhasbeenbroughttoyoubycocacolafavoredbyprogrammerseverywhere