Re: Problems building Janos 11/5

At 2:09 PM -0500 1/18/00, Patrick Tullmann wrote:
>Each line should have about 40 fully-qualified file names on it.  I
>belive this is the extent of the problem.  However, I've got no idea
>what would cause this problem.  What does
>	echo /home/lewis/janos-991105/java/core/*.Java
>give you?  Are there any funny symlinks or stuff like that involved in
>the path?

I have 49 such files.  For each member of the path (/home, /home/lewis,
etc.) I get 'directory' from the file command.

>You can predefine the JAVACLASSPATH argument by using the
>--classpath=foo when you run ./configure.  It shouldn't make a
>difference, though.

I tried starting from the tar file, in case there was a lingering remnant
from a previous ./config run.  (I had moved the entire directory up to at
least shorten the path names.)  Supplying the --javac and --classpath in
configure and then ./build-ing with the same commands as before resulted in
the same problem - no source files detected.

I'll try poking more, but I am not that familiar with the GNU makefile
syntax - I haven't been successful in just adding echoes to the file.

Edward Lewis                                                NAI Labs
Phone: +1 443-259-2352                      Email: lewis@tislabs.com

"Trying is the first step to failure." - Homer Simpson
"No! Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Opinions expressed are property of my evil twin, not my employer.