I am a Ph.D. student at School of Computing, University of Utah. I am advised by John Regehr. I work broadly on program syntheses and compiler optimizations. I was the recipient of the Best Paper Awards of CGO'20 and PPOPP'21, and the recipient of the Distinguished Paper Awards of OOPSLA'20 and PLDI'21. Before coming to Utah, I received my bachelor's degree from Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications.
- Research Interests:
- Program Syntheses,
Parallel Computing and
Systems for ML.
- Nuno P. Lopes, Juneyoung Lee, Chung-Kil Hur, Zhengyang Liu, John Regehr. Alive2: Bounded Translation Validation for LLVM. PLDI 2021, Distinguished Paper Award. [doi]
- Zixian Cai*, Zhengyang Liu* (Equal contributions), Saeed Maleki, Madan Musuvathi, Todd Mytkowicz, Jacob Nelson, Olli Saarikivi. Synthesizing Optimal Collective Algorithms. PPoPP 2021, Best Paper Award. [arXiv][doi][video]
- Manasij Mukherjee, Pranav Kant, Zhengyang Liu, John Regehr. Dataflow-based Pruning for Speeding up Superoptimization. OOPSLA 2020, Distinguished Paper Award. [doi]
- Jubi Taneja, Zhengyang Liu, and John Regehr. Testing Static Analyses for Precision and Soundness. CGO 2020, Best Paper Award. [doi][artifact]
- Juneyoung Lee, Chung-Kil Hur, Ralf Jung, Zhengyang Liu, John Regehr, and Nuno P. Lopes. Reconciling High-level Optimizations and Low-level Code in LLVM. OOPSLA 2018. [doi]
- Zhengyang Liu, and John Criswell. Flexible and Efficient Memory Object Metadata. International Symposium on Memory Management (ISMM), 2017. [doi]
- Zhengyang Liu, and Yiran Wei. Hop-by-hop Adaptive Video Streaming in Content Centric Network. IEEE International Conference on Communication (ICC), 2016. [doi]
- Minotaur, a SIMD oriented superoptimizer, invited talks presented at Intel, NVIDIA and LLVM Developers' Meeting (2022).
- Synthesizing Optimal Collective Algorithms, Invited talk at Google Research, September 2022.
- Reasoning About and Discovering LLVM Optimizations, Tutorial talk at PLDI'22, San Diego, CA, June 2022.
- Synthesizing Optimal Collective Algorithms, Guest talk at NVIDIA, September 2020.
- Professional Services:
- School of Computing MEB 3355
- University of Utah
- Salt Lake City, UT 84112
- liuz at cs dot utah dot edu
- Google Scholar
- PGP Public Key
- Github, Linkedin, Last.fm Profile