[plt-scheme] No luck with XML and PLT!

Hi, I am glad to hear it worked for you!

I have recently been looking at the xml-module "xml.ss" for PLT and was very
satisfied until I tried the package with larger files. When I load a
xml-file on the size of 500 K into the parser with the command

(with-input-from-file "H:\\tysk2\\entfix_NOTY_F.xml" read-xml)))

the computer rest for about 30 seconds, before the parser says something
about unexpected end of file. My OS (windows) is complaining about little
little virtual memory, but this does not seem to be a problem when working
with the same file in other environments. Java builds a dom-tree of the file
on 4-5 seconds, and the XML-package in SWI-prolog gives me a full tree in
less than a second!

I have also validated the files in several parsers without any errors!

As it seems to me PLT and XML was not a very good pair, even though I really
wanted to work with PLT on this project.

It might be I should have used another XML-package, and that the standard
package is for teaching (and not real life) only?

Any clues?

Best regards,

Petter Egesund
Norway