Re: [plt-scheme] Binary file access

The code for binary reading was really interesting (I was
about to multiply each 'character' by 2^8, 2^16, etc,
while you used binary left shift on one byte and then
applied a OR to them).

I do not need to use float numbers, but I also checked
binary-io.c; I noticed though, that the u32_t hv_read_u32
function is not complete, and I could not find the
datatypes.h file needed for compiling. I am not very good
(even bad) using C so maybe I am wrong.

Now I just have to make Scheme write to files the same way
- or maybe just try to adapt
'integer->integer-byte-string' to v103 if this function
source is written in Scheme.

Thanks for the help,

--
Sylvain Beucler
sylvain.beucler.fac@libertysurf.fr

plt-scheme@fast.cs.utah.edu
> Cc      :
> Date    : Sat, 25 May 2002 00:42:54 -0700 (PDT)
> Subject : Re: [plt-scheme] Binary file access
>
> Attached is some code I wrote a while ago to interface
> with Matlab.  It never got that far but there is some
> binary IO code for v103 (binary-io.ss).  You need a C
> compiler to get it all working.
>
> I'd recommend updating to v200 if at all possible.
> Otherwise this code may do the job.
>
> Noel
>
> --- Sylvain Beucler
> <sylvain.beucler.fac@libertysurf.fr> wrote:
> > Thanks for the reply.
> > I guess I will have to use v200 then; when is the OS
> > release planned?
Profitez des 2 offres exceptionnelles Tiscali !
"Internet Gratuit le Jour" et "Modem ADSL remboursé"
Cliquez ici, http://register.tiscali.fr/forfaits_ls/
Offres soumises à conditions.