Re: [plt-scheme] Macros and scope

There are actually two tricks that you need to solve this problem.
First, since mzscheme doesn't allow redefinition of imports, you need
to come up with a module that provides all of the mzscheme language,
but without letrec:

(module mzscheme-wo-letrec mzscheme
  (provide (all-from-except mzscheme letrec)))

Once you have that, you can use prefixing to give a funny name to the
original letrec and define your new letrec in terms of the old one:

(module m mzscheme-wo-letrec
  (require (prefix orig: mzscheme))
  (define-syntax (letrec stx)
    (syntax-case stx ()
      [(_ ((var val) ...) body ...)
       (syntax (list (orig:letrec ((var val) ...) body ...)))]))

  (display (letrec ((x x)) x)))

(require m)

The new version of letrec always wraps a list around its value.

Hope that helps,
Robby