[plt-scheme] Slow scheme_basic_env on Win2000

Hi,
I'm using MZScheme as a script processor embedded inside a C++ application
on windows.
I have a big performace problem: the call to scheme_basic_env() takes 12
seconds on a PIV system withWin 2000 (or XP)!
It seems that the problem comes from the GC init but I don't know what to do
to make it run faster.
Notice that this problem does not happen on Win NT 4.
Is there a way to turn off the GC ?
Is there something special to do on  Win 2000 ?
Anybody else having the same problem and hopefully a solution :-)

Thanks
Mickael