[plt-scheme] Re: posting restricted to subscribers

At 5:49 PM +0000 5/2/02, MJ Ray wrote:
>Matthew Flatt <mflatt@cs.utah.edu> wrote:
>>  Depending on how many mail accounts you use, this could be a pain
>
>You only hold posts from non-subbers for approval, I hope?  Bouncing emails
>is a pet hate of many.

I disagree with this suggestion, on two counts:

1) holding posts for approval means that someone has to go through
them all and make a decision on each one.  Who will this be?

2) when send mail with an incorrect return address to a mailing list
and I get a "held for approval" message, I can't just fix the problem
and re-send the mail, because then if the e-mail is approved you get
two copies of the message floating around.  I would much rather just
get the bounce.

john clements