Re: Case-sensitivity of PLT web server

You are correct that your XML language may use uppercase letters in
tags, so an uppercase reader helps with this.  However, there are three
different things that could be case sensitive or not.
  a) mzscheme's default
  b) the web server
  c) each servlet

I'm not sure how to do (a).

For (b), you don't really care.  It's just a function and callers
don't need to know how I named the identifiers inside.

For (c), you can change your servlet from

(unit/sig () (import servlet^) ...)
#cs(unit/sig () (import servlet^) ...)
where the #cs stands for "case sensitive".

I just tried this and it produced case sensitive tags for me. I think
it's best that code that depends on case sensitivity (or lack there of)
specifies which it requires. Depending on the particular instance of
mzscheme's default might make it hard to combine code from different
developers.

Let me know if this resolves the issue to your satisfaction.

Thanks,

Paul