Re: Dynamic updating

Matthias Felleisen:

> It's not a CL concept to modify a running program. Prolog did this for
> years, and the C code on the Mars probe did, too. It just didn't work :)
>
> But yes, it's very much a Lisp idea to produce your program in an
> incremental manner [...]

> -- Matthias

I would add:

* Incremental updates are (rather: were) a major programming technique in
  Snobol4; I used it myself as  poor man modules; the function CODE permitted
  to execute big programs in a very limited memory. Dead code was garbage-
  collected.

* Erlang would not be what it is without this possibility.

Jerzy Karczmarczuk