Re: SXML->XML in ssax or CDATA-like in (l?)xml

Hello!

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, MJ Ray wrote:

> My first thought was to use the new ssax, but we don't seem to have a
> serialiser to XML string-data yet.  Did I miss something?
CDATA is supported in SSAX.
For SXML->XML please drop a look at
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=511889&forum_id=599

> Trying to use the xml collection instead, I ran into the problem that I want
> to pass some character data straight through without interpreting it.  Yes,
> I know this can break XML well-formedness, but there are cases where I don't
> want to parse and reserialise existing data.  I couldn't see a way to do
> this.  Did I miss something?  Would I hit the same problem with ssax?

SSAX is not just an XML parser, it is also functional framework which may be used
to build a specilized parser which suits your needs.

In particular, it may be used for parsing of "XML" documents which are not
well-formed at all!

You may consider Oleg's permissive parser for broken HTML as an example:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=14882&forum_id=599

> Now off to take a look at the ssax-xlink...
BTW: SXLink is another example of specialized parser constructed using SSAX.

Best regards,
         Kirill.