RE: scsh in PLT Scheme?

I find it rather insulting that you call my view of the world "simplistic".

When developing business applications -- built around relational databases,
message queueing, web services, XML/XSLT, email and the rest -- you must
rely on "components" developed by others ot be productive.

Micrososft and Java are the only commercially viable bases for such a rich
set of components.

.NET is where Microsoft is investing billions of dollars. Few can match the
innovation coming from that. (COM still exists, and PLT rather nicely
supports that, but it is not the future.)

Similarly Java is where Sun, IBM, Oracle and others are placing their (beat
Microsoft) bets.

With that financial and creative might, that is where I put my bet on it
being viable three years from now.

Remember, in the commercial world, the name of the game is programmer
productivity.

Alex

BTW, what is POSIX (in a modern desktop and server world)? ;)