Re: Strong Typing, Dynamic Languages, What to do?

Oscar Fuentes wrote:

> Ok, you can do run-time bounds checking if you wish.

Yes, but you can't help it if someone else decides not to do it.
That's a simple rule of language design that C++ violates.  The rule
is that an abstraction isn't one unless it also comes with the means
of enforcement.

Anyway, I don't think I or anyone else here is saying anything you
don't know.  I am somewhat curious about why we are having this thread
at all, though.  Did Matthew change the name of this list to
plt-c++-advocacy while I was napping? (-:

Shriram