Re: Strong Typing, Dynamic Languages, What to do?

[At the risk of a "me too" mail...]

On Mar 22, Matthias Felleisen wrote:

> So what do you want? A smooth, graceful transition of stable parts into a
> statically validated version.

Yeah, one of the points I was trying to make is that having something
like this would make the world a much better place...

Generally, I think that performance is way overrated -- there was
once the "20% code responsible for 80% time" thing that people said,
but I think that with time (computers getting faster and applications
moving to a higher, gluing-some-pieces-together level) these numbers
are constantly moving to the respective extremes.