Re: Strong Typing, Dynamic Languages, What to do?

Shriram wrote:
> You don't understand my point.

That was implied :)  I think I'm clearer now, thanks.  But I had a slightly different point:

> In languages like Curl, the "type system" is basically
> defined by what one particular compiler does.

I understand, but I was saying that this doesn't seem to be an indictment of optional typing in general.

But this made lots of sense to me:

> A type system is not much more useful than a user's ability
> to reason about its output.  A complicated type system can
> reach the point of being counterproductive.

I just don't have the experience to know whether this is true of Dylan etc.

Anton